Monday, January 17, 2011

Life Without Water

Unfortunately, the small leak that the hubs fixed was not the only issue. I woke up Friday morning with frozen pipes again, no idea why at this point. However once I defrosted them there were burst pipes again so I made many desperate calls to local plumbers until someone called me back. Once he got out here he announced that one, my crawl space was small, cramped, and nasty and two, we really needed to re-do the entire plumbing system to fix the issues. Well that's just great. So he wasn't able to get the water running Friday but would be back in the morning.

Saturday morning rolls around and no plumber. It was somewhat of a misunderstanding slash miscommunication. Either way, no water. Of course, I was attempting an organizational feat that day and so I and my very girl scout friend had to use the "outdoor" bathroom. Wink, wink. However, when push came to shove, I thought I would try melting snow to use the indoor toilet. If you have never done this let me tell you, it takes at least 20 minutes to melt enough snow stove top in order to fill that tank!

Sunday came and went without water. Same sad story. Also, just so you know I have been showering regularly in a different location so at least I am fairly clean and smelling nice at this point.

Monday dawns and I have a bit of an issue. The plumber is due very soon and I need to do...well a number 2. I don't have the requisite 20 min to melt snow and I can't leave that in the bowl when the plumber gets there. I race around the house and find a box. I am sad to say that this morning I was forced by the elements to go in a box!

Now it is 6 pm and the water is still not on. Although the pipes have all been replaced and insulated the pump is not working. The thought is that it burned itself out during the great freeze of 2011 and we need a new one.

And so is my life at the moment...both dogs and chickens have water though!

No comments:

Post a Comment