Saturday, January 22, 2011

NOFA-NY Winter Coneference

Whiling away my time while I wait for my next workshop here in Saratoga Springs NY. I am attending the Northeast Organic Farmers Association of New York Winter Conference. Yesterday I took workshops on both growing blueberries and achieving organic certification. I am pleased to say that both were highly entertaining and informational. The plus side of the trip is that it is located in this gorgeous bustling little urban area. Yes, a lot of adjectives to describe Saratoga Springs, but I am taken back by the homey feel that is has coupled with the immense choice of restaurants, shops, and entertainment. It is like the perfect marriage of urban and hometown. I plan to include my best picks for a perfect weekend away in Saratoga Springs in a later posting. For now, I will keep focusing my time on mulching, composting, orcharding, and general farmer merriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment